All consults, classes & events are with an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. Appointments take place in our Phoenix/Scottsdale office, conveniently located off of the 101 and Scottsdale Road.
Bagels and Breastfeeding | approximately 90 minutes | $80 per couple | limited to 6 couples per class | in office | held the first Saturday of every month
Bring your partner or primary support person for a fun and educational class packed with information about breastfeeding your newborn.
This class includes:
- the “Most Common Myths in Breastfeeding”
- a short (but important!) lesson in the anatomy and physiology of the breast
- demonstration and practice of effective positions and latch
- education about infant cues and typical baby behaviors
- tips for overcoming common breastfeeding hurdles
- resources for ongoing support and evidence-based information
- empowering the family dynamic and building lasting skills that will benefit breastfeeding
- a wide variety of easy to follow handouts and links to help you along your parenting journey
We will provide a selection of healthy snacks, and samples from some local businesses.
**We are contracted with Aetna, United Healthcare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and TRICARE; for other providers, a Superbill to submit to insurance for reimbursement can be given (contact your insurance provider for coverage details).**
Tongue Tie Support Group | Fridays at 12 p.m. | in office
This is a free support group focused on empowering our Arizona Breastfeeding Medicine and Wellness Family before and after a frenectomy procedure.
- Learn more about tethered oral tissue
- Weight Checks
- Wound Checks
- Topics related to infant and family care
**Beginning on November 30th, 2018**
**We are contracted with Aetna, United Healthcare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and TRICARE; for other providers, a Superbill to submit to insurance for reimbursement can be given (contact your insurance provider for coverage details).***